The City of Issaquah completed a comprehensive update to its SMP in 2011. Washington state law requires jurisdictions to review and update their SMPs every eight years in accordance with the Shoreline Management Act and its current guidelines and legislative rules to attain state approval.
This periodic update will focus on:
• Reviewing relevant legislative updates since 2013 and incorporating any applicable amendments; and
• Ensuring consistency with recently adopted regulations for critical areas and flood hazard areas.
This periodic update will NOT:
• Re-evaluate the ecological baseline that was established as part of the 2013 comprehensive update;
• Extensively assess no net loss criteria other than to ensure that proposed amendments do not result in degradation of the baseline condition; or
• Change shoreline jurisdiction or environment designations.