This last week as heat gripped Issaquah and the greater Pacific Northwest, many of us asked a question that is becoming more and more relevant: Should I install air conditioning?
Why Heat Pumps?
A heat pump moves hot air from one place to another, allowing the system to both heat and cool your home. They help us move towards a more sustainable future, reducing the greenhouse gas emissions from our buildings and making them more comfortable in the process.
Heat pumps are building superheroes. They:
- Heat AND cool your home;
- Are very energy efficient;
- Save money;
- Filter the air;
- Lower the greenhouse gas emissions and
- Work in very cold and very hot weather.
Issaquah and nearby cities have launched the Energy Smart Eastside. Energy Smart Eastside is offering program-exclusive discounts on top of existing utility and federal incentives. Incentives include:
- $500 program exclusive discount for qualifying products
- NEW $1500 Fuel Switching Incentive
- For households at 80-150% of Area Median Income (AMI)
The incentives can be stacked with other rebates and incentives (e.g., Puget Sound Energy incentives or federal tax rebates).
Ways to Learn More