English for Work is a job preparation program held by Hopelink for immigrants and refugees to improve their English language skills and prepare for employment in the United States. Students learn about topics such as skills and strengths; job search; resumes and interviewing while practicing speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Students attend classes, receive one-on-one career advising, and complete online assignments. Near the end of the program, students participate in practice interviews with local employers—a highlight of the program!
Registration for winter quarter opens on Nov. 14 and closes on Jan. 4.
- Learn about resumes, searching for a job and interviewing
- Attend classes on Zoom; Hopelink computers available to borrow if needed
- Receive one-on-one career advising
- Participate in practice job interviews with local employers
- Complete the program within three months