Please be aware that there is a planned fireworks display scheduled for Friday, Oct. 14 at approximately 7:30 p.m. at the Issaquah High School homecoming football game. The display will last approximately 30 minutes. Law enforcement agencies are aware.
The Issaquah High School halftime fireworks permit was reviewed by Eastside Fire & Rescue's (EF&R) Fire Marshal’s Office in conjunction with the City’s permit center, the review process consisted of the following:
- Confirming the applicant is a licensed pyrotechnician with the State of Washington (this confirms extensive training has been completed).
- Regulations outlined in: NFPA (National Fire Protection Agency) 1123, International Fire Code, and Washington State Law are followed.
- Fireworks shell count and size.
- Site plan review to ensure the fall out zone is within NFPA Standards.
- Leading up to the event weather is monitored to include relative humidity, wind speed and direction
The day of the event an on-site inspection is required and will be conducted by EF&R’s certified inspector and will include the following:
- Proper storage and handling.
- Confirm number and size of shells.
- Verify the proposed fall out zone is safe and matches the permit application site plan.
- Ensure fire extinguishers are on site and accessible.
- Validate that a licensed pyrotechnician is on site to oversee the fireworks show.