Friends of Youth is hosting classes for youth and caregivers around substance use. Learn more about each course below, and how to sign up.
Alcohol and Drug Information School
Next class: Oct. 22, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Online course
- Informational course for youth aged 13-18
- Tailored to youth who are: interested in learning about the effects of alcohol and other drugs, have been experimenting with drugs or who need to complete a court ordered or recommended ADIS course that meets Washington State requirements.
- Currently offered: Oct. 22, February 11, 2023, May 20, 2023 all from 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
The attendance fee is $75. To register, email Friends of Youth. A Zoom link will be emailed before the start of the class.
A Different Approach: Strategies Supporting Children Who Use Substances
Oct. 25, 6-8:15 p.m.
- Interactive webinar
- This class is open to any parent or caregiver who has a child who is using substances
- Are you concerned about your child’s substance use? Have you felt that you might be ‘enabling’ this behavior and feel stuck in a cycle? Are you exhausted and ready to try something new? Join us for an interactive webinar where we will work on some harm-reduction approaches targeting your child’s substance use. Let us move past the notions of ‘tough love’ and see how positive relationships and consistent messaging can influence behavior