City staff are presenting to the Committee of the Whole on June 27 at 7 p.m. to discuss the Capital Finance Committee Task Force's recommendation to use $9 million in American Recovery Plan Act (ARPA) funds and spend down $3M from the General Fund ending fund balance, for a total of $12M for infrastructure investments.
The Administration recommends the remaining $9M of ARPA funds be used in the following ways:
- Anchor Park Improvement—Phase 1: $6,000,000
- Community Investment Fund (projects selected by public engagement): $2,000,000
- I-90 crossing & light rail station planning study: $1,000,000
They also recommend spending down the General Fund (undesignated) ending fund balance by $3M, investing in infrastructure in the following areas:
- Two Transportation Engineers ($354,000/year)
- One Administrative Specialist to assist with implementation of capital projects ($104,000/year)
- Term-Limited Parks Planner (2 years, $145,000/year)
- $2.4M for unspecified infrastructure projects, to be rolled over to 2023-2024 budget
- July: Return to Council July 5 to complete discussion of Community Investment Strategy.
- July: Council Mobility and Infrastructure Committee with draft project list for community survey. Deploy survey.
- August: Analyze survey results. Begin recruitment for authorized positions.
- September: Council Mobility & Infrastructure Committee and full Council with results of survey and recommended Community Investment Fund Projects for approval.
Click to review the Community Investment Strategy Recommendations in more detail.