The City is undergoing a transportation and technology planning effort.
City staff have begun work with a consultant to build the City's new Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Plan. The goal is to provide the City with a project roadmap to improve traffic flow and transit reliability, provide travel related information to the community, and increase safety along City streets.
As part of the plan, City staff have created a survey for residents. Let us know your thoughts on a few questions like:
- What you find valuable to be made aware of as you navigate around town
- What navigation tools you currently use
- What real time parking and public transit information would be a benefit
- What your priorities are when it comes to intersections
Please provide your feedback by July 31.
- July 2022: City survey
- Summer 2022: Staff will complete an inventory and conditions assessment of current ITS infrastructure.
- Fall 2022: Finalize ITS Plan including review and prioritization of technology and data needs for the City.
- Spring 2023: Create a roadmap to implementation of ITS projects, including staffing and funding requirements.
If you have questions related to the City's work on the ITS Plan, please contact Isabel Diaz, Traffic Engineer.