Issaquah's Equity Board launched in November 2021 to support and cultivate the voices of the diverse communities in Issaquah by advising the Mayor, City Council and City departments on Issaquah's plans, policies, regulations and programs related to equity initiatives. The board is comprised of 12 regular members and three alternates, including two youth members.
Since its creation, the board has:
- Made recommendations to the Mayor and City Council on a cultural and religious calendar.
- Hosted its first community conversation honoring Black History Month.
- Recommended to the City Council the adoption of a public statement regarding the war in Ukraine.
- Learning more about equity frameworks.
- Collaborating with other departments and boards.
- Created a committee on community engagement.
Learn more in this report.