Following a community survey, the City of Issaquah recently started recruiting for its next Police Chief. See the full description online.
The community’s priorities for the next chief include someone who:
- Has experience implementing 21st century policing principles (community-oriented policing, crisis intervention and de-escalation, tech savvy)
- Is trustworthy, honest and forthright
- Holds officers accountable to policies and high professional standards
- Listens and incorporates community concerns into police operations
- Seeks solutions to the underlying causes of criminal activity (such as poverty, mental health, etc.)
View the full survey results, which will help inform the City’s recruitment, and be used in the selection process. Thank you to the more than 250 community members who provided thoughtful feedback.
The Police Chief position is open until filled, with a review of initial applications starting April 9, 2022. The goal is to have the position filled by this Spring.