The City is holding two virtual open house events to discuss our Storm and Surface Water Master Plan as well as our Sewer Master Plan. The meetings will be at 6 p.m. on February 2, and February 23. The meetings are meant to provide the community insight into the development of these two master plans.
Master plans help staff understand the conditions of existing systems within the City and identify areas of improvement. They also help predict how growth and climate change will impact vital infrastructure and ultimately help guide us in determining what resources we should invest in.
February 2 will cover:
- Overview on the two master plans
- Propose recommended solutions to incorporate into our capital improvement plan for the next 20 years.
- A list of known storm and surface water issues
- Develop a prioritized list of projects and programs to address water quality impairments, flooding, failing infrastructure and degraded riparian habitat
February 23 will cover:
- Discussion on the creation of a strategic plan
- Gather input about what priority initiatives and focus areas are of the highest importance to the community, for staff to focus our attention on.