Forecasts are currently predicting the chance for high winds and heavy rain from Oct. 24-25, which could cause power outages and downed trees.
With the chance for inclement weather, now is the time to prepare with:
- A battery-powered radio, along with extra batteries, to can tune in to the City’s radio station, 1700 AM
- Flashlights, along with extra batteries
- A corded phone (cordless phones will not work when the power is out)
- Enough food and water to last your family for several days
- Charging your cell phone before the storm hits
Puget Sound Energy customers can call 1-888-225-5773 to report power outages and receive service updates, or report outages online.
Please do not call 911 for non-emergency questions, such as power outage duration or reasons for the outage.
To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, never burn charcoal or use gasoline-powered equipment indoors. It’s also advised to have a carbon monoxide detector in your home.
Our guide to preparing for power outages offers more tips.
Keep up to date on the changing weather conditions by following the City or our local National Weather Service station, on Twitter.