The City has an update regarding Olde Town traffic calming:
- School crosswalk signs have been installed at major uncontrolled crosswalks within 800 feet of school properties located in Olde Town. This includes Clark Elementary, Issaquah High School and Issaquah Middle School.
- The street gate at 4th and Evans is currently being fabricated with the plan to install the gate before the start of the school year. This gate can be opened when school is not in session and closed during the school year to prevent cut-through traffic within the Darst neighborhood.
- Staff are evaluating a new crosswalk placement across Sunset Way at 6th and Sunset. Staff are currently performing pedestrian traffic counts in this area to determine if this meets our pedestrian crossing guidelines. If the crosswalk meets these requirements, staff will evaluate to determine if the crosswalk can be installed in a way that will improve pedestrian visibility, pedestrian awareness and improve safety for all users.
- We are progressing with the design of 2nd and Bush intersection improvements. However, we will not be able to complete this project before the start of the school year, as staffing and resources were temporarily pulled onto other projects. The design is 90% complete. Remaining work to be completed is:
- PSE to relocate two gas mains before work can commence with construction.
- Finalize our electrical plans before we bid this project.
Any questions related to the Olde Town traffic calming project can be emailed to Matt Ellis, Senior Utilities Engineer.