With forecasted temperatures over 85 degrees, the City of Issaquah advises taking precautions against heat-related illnesses.
- Drink plenty of water – recommended amount is 1 cup per 15 minutes or 1 quart per hour.
- Know the signs/symptoms of heat-related illness; monitor yourself and co-workers.
- Block out direct sun or other heat sources.
- Use cooling fans/air conditioning, rest regularly.
- Wear lightweight, light colored, loose fitting clothes.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeinated drinks or heavy meals.
- Learn more via Public Health - Seattle & King County.