Starting April 5, the Senior Center will offer more opportunities for older adults (55 and older) to gather and use the resources of the center. See the calendar for all the in person events that will occur in April.
The following are regularly occurring group meetings with 10 people maximum:
- Tuesdays, 10-11:30 a.m.: Knitting Group (weekly)
- Tuesdays, 10:30-11:30 a.m.: Let’s Talk About It (weekly). This is a current events discussion group.
- Thursday, 10-11:30 a.m.: Writing Your Family Story (1st and 3rd Thursday of each month). This is a memoir group where people read their stories and get input on them.
We are also scheduling appointments to use two rooms with 2 people at a time: 1) library, 2) pool table / ping pong table room (45 minute appointments)
- Appointments to enter the library and check out books and puzzles, 2 people at a time. Mondays at 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m. and Thursday 9 a.m., 10 a.m., 11 a.m.
- Appointments to use the pool table and ping pong table, 2 people at a time. Mondays at 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m. and Thursday 9 a.m., 10 a.m., 11 a.m.
Tech Help started a few months ago. Older adults meet with a volunteer to receive help with any technology issue including phone and other electronic devices. There are 4 – 30 minute appointments on Tuesdays and Fridays.