Transit allows communities and individuals to access the opportunities needed to thrive. That’s why King County Metro and Sound Transit have partnered to create a new, subsidized annual pass program, allowing qualifying riders to travel on our select transit modes without paying a fare. Learn more about which transit modes are included, how to apply, and how to use your Orca card to complete your trips.
Customers who reside in King, Pierce, or Snohomish County and are enrolled in one of the six state benefit programs:
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)/State Family Assistance (SFA)
- Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA)
- Aged, Blind, or Disabled Cash Assistance (ABD)
- Pregnant Women Assistance (PWA)
- Not to be confused with WIC or Pregnancy Medical
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Not to be confused with Social Security Income
- Housing & Essential Needs (HEN)
- Not to be confused with housing assistance such as HUD
To apply or for more information about these programs, visit washingtonconnection.org or call (877) 501-2233. Expansions are expected in 2022 to serve more customers that have household incomes at or below 80% of the federal poverty level.