Forecasts show the region needs to plan for another 1.8 million more people and 1.2 million new jobs by 2050. The population is expected to reach over 5.8 million in 2050.
The Puget Sound Regional Council is developing VISION 2050 to guide growth to support thriving communities, a strong economy and a healthy environment.
The PRSC is now seeking public comment on the VISION 2050 Draft
Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (SEIS), prepared in accordance with
the State Environmental Policy Act. The public comment period will run from Feb. 28–April 29.
of the Draft SEIS, along with more details
, is available online.
The Draft SEIS evaluates the environmental effects of three regional growth
alternatives for VISION 2050 that distribute growth in unique patterns
throughout the region. The three alternatives are: Stay the Course (No Action
Alternative); Transit Focused Growth; and Reset Urban Growth.
VISION 2050 will be the long-range growth management, environmental, economic
and transportation strategy for the central Puget Sound region. VISION 2050
will contain the region's multi-county planning policies and a regional strategy
for accommodating growth through 2050.
Share Input: Issaquah City Council
The topic of the Draft SEIS will be on the following Issaquah City Council meeting agendas (which also include opportunities for public comment):
- April 1 City Council meeting: Presentations by PSRC on the Draft SEIS, as well as the City of Issaquah with an initial analysis of the alternatives, and how they might affect the City.
- April 8 City Council Work Session: Opportunity for public comment.
- April 15 City Council meeting: Council discussion and potential determination on what council members would like to include as comments to the PSRC.
Share Input: PSRC
The public can also submit comments directly to PSRC, along with a name and email or mailing address. Comments must be submitted in writing to PSRC by 5 p.m. April 29, 2019 through one of the following options:
- Online SEIS Comment Portal
- Mail: ATTN: VISION 2050 SEIS Comment, PSRC, 1011 Western Avenue, Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98104
- Fax: ATTN: VISION 2050 SEIS Comment, 206-587-4825
- Growth Management Policy Board Meeting at 10 a.m. April 4
- Alternative formats: Call 206-587-4819
For more information, contact Erika Harris, the SEPA Responsible Official.