Puget Sound Regional Council is seeking public comment on the VISION 2050 Draft
Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (SEIS), prepared in accordance with
the State Environmental Policy Act. The public comment period will run from
Thursday, February 28 – Monday, April 29, 2019 at 5 pm.
Forecasts show the region needs to plan for another 1.8 million more people and
1.2 million new jobs by 2050. The population is expected to reach over 5.8
million in 2050. PSRC is developing VISION 2050 to guide growth to support
thriving communities, a strong economy and a healthy environment.
The Draft SEIS evaluates the environmental effects of three regional growth
alternatives for VISION 2050 that distribute growth in unique patterns
throughout the region. The three alternatives are: Stay the Course (No Action
Alternative), Transit Focused Growth, and Reset Urban Growth.
VISION 2050 will be the long-range growth management, environmental, economic
and transportation strategy for the central Puget Sound region. VISION 2050
will contain the region's multicounty planning policies and a regional strategy
for accommodating growth through 2050.
Where to get
Beginning February 28, 2019, the Draft
SEIS can be viewed online here
Public Comment on the Draft SEIS: The public is encouraged to submit comments along with a name and email or mailing address. Comments must be submitted in writing to PSRC by 5:00 pm on April 29, 2019 through one of the following options:
- Email: VISION2050SEIS@psrc.org
- Online SEIS Comment Portal: https://www.psrc.org/vision/seis Mail: ATTN: VISION 2050 SEIS Comment, PSRC, 1011 Western Avenue, Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98104
- Fax: ATTN: VISION 2050 SEIS Comment, 206-587-4825
- Hardcopy letter or comment form at SEIS open houses (see above) April 4 Growth Management Policy Board Meeting, 10:00 am at PSRC
- Alternative Formats:
- TTY Relay 711
- ???????| Arabic, ?? | Chinese, Deutsch | German, Français | French, ?? | Korean, ??????? | Russian, Español | Spanish, Tagalog, Ti?ng vi?t | Vietnamese, Call 206-587-4819
For more information, contact Erika Harris, SEPA Responsible Official, at email@example.com