The City is replacing a majority of the Community Center’s aging flooring this fall.
Many of programmed spaces – including the gym, track, fitness area – still have the original flooring from when the Community Center opened in 1996.
The new flooring was selected to provide additional programming flexibility, and best serve our customers for the next 20-30 years.
The following mix of flooring will be installed:
Fall 2018 Programming
- Track and fitness area: Synthetic flooring surface, which provides a softer surface and strong durability.
- The second-floor bleacher area and adjoining stairs: Carpet, which is the most practical and economic solution.
- Main floor gym space and the second floor Rainier Room: Maple hardwood, which will enable a greater variety of programming uses. For example, the City can now transition its music-based fitness classes to the Rainier Room, which reduces noise for other patrons, and provides the classes with additional privacy and an updated space.
Crews will start installation in September 2018. To accommodate the project, here's the schedule for Fall 2018 programming:
Health & Fitness Programs
- Every Way Fitness with Kristina, all classes Pickering Barn - Dairy Barn
- Fit Zone with Joan, weekdays: Pickering Barn - Dairy Barn, Saturdays: Clark Elementary
- Jazzercise, weekdays: Pickering Barn - Dairy Barn, Saturdays: Clark Elementary
- Mommy’s Fit Zone with Thearany, all classes Tibbetts Creek Manor
- Nova Life Fitness with Amy, all classes Tibbetts Creek Manor
- Basketball Fundamentals with Coach Marv, Clark Elementary
- Hoopsters, Clark Elementary
- Jets Gymnastics, Clark Elementary or Pickering Barn
- Kidz Love Soccer, Outdoors - various locations
- Mini Sportsters, Pickering Barn - Dairy Barn
- Pickleball (Tuesdays & Thursdays) Central Park Tennis Courts
- Shotokan Karate, Maple Room
- Sports Sampler, Pickering Barn - Dairy Barn
- TGA of Greater Seattle - Play Tennis!, Pickering Barn - Dairy Barn
- Tiger Kids Martial Arts, Maple Room
- Triple Threat Basketball, Issaquah Middle School
- Youth Basketball Team Formations, Issaquah Middle School
Other Interests and Events
- Bowling & Pizza, Community Center Lobby
- Chorus, Clark Elementary
- Community Club, Community Center Lobby
- Drama Club, Clark Elementary
- Let’s Dance, Maple Room
- Social Club, Community Center Lobby
- Supper Club, Community Center Lobby
Resumes in November
- Fall Fun Fest, Issaquah Middle School
- Preschool, Maple Room
- Teen Art Club, 235 Meeting Space
- Youth Advisory Board, Tibbetts Creek Manor
- ZGirls, 235 Meeting Space
Good to Know
- All drop-in activities
- Indoor Walking Track (effective Sept. 24)
- Men’s 35 Basketball (will resume in January)
- Noon Hoops
- Open Gym Basketball (Tuesday nights)
- Open Gym Volleyball (Monday nights)
- TGA Volleyball
- Weight Room / Fitness Area (effective Sept. 24)
- The fitness area and indoor track will be available until Sept. 23
- Active passes to use the facility will be extended according to the pass type. Example: A 30-day pass with 15 days remaining as of Sept. 24 will enter a "hold" status and resume on Nov. 13.
- The Julius Boehm Pool will remain open during the duration of the Community Center closure.
- The annual Block Party Quilters Club Show will take place on Nov. 9-11.
- Modified Community Center customer service hours are: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays; 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturdays (until Sept. 22); and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sundays (until Sept. 23).
- Winter Registration begins on at 8 a.m. Nov. 14.
- For Parks and Recreation program or class information, call 425-837-3300.
- For project specific questions, call Ric Patterson 425-837-3375