Have a great idea for a product or business? Not sure where to start? Consider Startup 425 Foundations. Held each year in the spring and in the fall, this program brings together innovators, business advisors, and entrepreneurs for a broad overview of the startup process, from ideation and business planning to financing and marketing. Workshops are held weekly in the evenings, to allow for mid-career exploration, and include a light dinner.
Not sure if you can commit to the entire series of workshops? No worries. Sign up for only the sessions which appeal the most to your interests or needs.
For the first time this fall, Startup 425 Foundations will be taking place in all five Eastside communities. Two workshops will be held each in Kirkland, Issaquah, Redmond, and Issaquah. In addition, the full, six-workshop series will take place in downtown Bellevue for those interested in a more in-depth exploration of the business and startup development process.
- Ideation. Develop and assess your idea to determine whether it might be viable as a product. Discuss the ideation process with a panel.
- Business Licensing. Learn about business structures and licensing structures under Washington State and city requirements.
- Business Plans. Understand the business planning process and what elements are crucial when developing your plan.
- Networking & Mentoring. Learn about the resources available to you on the Eastside to support and grow your business.
- Financing. Explore your financing options. Which option might make the most sense for your business?
- Marketing. Define your target customer and how to reach them. Can social media be an effective tool?
Startup 425 is a collaboration among the cities of Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Issaquah and Renton to support creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship on Seattle's Eastside.
Learn more, and register, at startup425.org/FOUNDATIONS