Get out there — and get rewarded!
Take advantage of our beautiful weather to try out a new way of getting around town. Whether it's to work, school or to the store, using a Salmon Friendly Trip option can win participants great prizes, including a $1,500 Clipper Vacation.
Log your Salmon Friendly Trips in the calendar during July using any eligible mode:
- Light rail
- Passenger ferry
- Compressed workweek
Participants who log six or more days will be entered to win prizes guaranteed to get them outdoors this summer! Go the extra mile and log 12 or more days, and be eligible for the drawing to win the grand prize! For complete rules, go to wheeloptions.org.
5 Reasons to Ditch Some of Your Drive-Alone Trips
- Great Exercise: Why not start your day by walking or biking to work? The fresh air will be a great way to wake up for all those morning meetings. If you live too far to only bike or walk, trying pairing them with transit!
- Meet New People: Driving alone sure does get boring, doesn’t it? Set up a Ridematch to find a carpool buddy or join an existing vanpool and find a new friend and a new commute.
- Save Money: Don’t you just hate taking your car in for an oil change and ending up with more problems than you thought? Save tons of money and maintenance on your car by opting for a better way to get around.
- Better Use of Your Time: Your car may (sometimes) be a quicker mode of travel, but it’s very dangerous to sleep, check emails, text or catch up on your favorite shows with two hands on the wheel at all times. The good news is that in a carpool, vanpool or on the bus, you can do all of those things, free of danger.
- Help the Environment: Automotive fluids contribute to stormwater runoff which flows into our waterways. Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve water quality by taking a Salmon Friendly Trip!