With a new school year set to start, Issaquah police remind drivers to use extra caution near schools.
Issaquah School District students return to class Sept. 1, 2015.
Please use caution and slow down when approaching school zones. Officers will conduct additional patrols in school zones as students return to class.
By following a few simple rules, you can do your part to make sure all of our children travel to and from school safely:
- Be sure to obey all speed limits and traffic laws in school zones.
- Watch for students walking or riding bicycles to and from schools.
- When a school bus displays yellow flashing lights, slow your vehicle and prepare to stop.
- When a school bus displays a red stop sign, red flashing lights and/or a guard rail, stop your vehicle — whether you’re behind a school bus or in the opposite lane approaching the stopped bus.
- If you see any drivers breaking traffic laws in school zones, or you see anyone acting suspiciously around schools or children, call 911 immediately.
In addition, the speed cameras
along Second Avenue Southeast will be reactivated in conjunction with the first day of school.