- Our Residents
Thanks for your interest in volunteering for our community! Here's a selection of opportunities located here in Issaquah.
- Serve as a phone worker, companion mentor or on the Board of Trustees.
DAWN – Domestic Abuse Women’s Network
- Work as a court watch volunteer, or provide services such as childcare, community outreach, handyman, receptionist, cleaning, shopper, etc.
- Provide transportation, shopping for errands, house chores and friendly visits.
Eastside Legal Assistance Program
- Opportunities are available for attorneys, as well as the general public.
- Provide tutoring, meal donations, shelter support, help with the foster care program, etc.
- Deliver food to home-bound clients, help with the annual Turkey Trot event and more.
- Assist with basic needs deliveries, community dinners, holiday gift programs, Community Board, advocacy, etc.
- Assist residents with emergency assistance, become a board member or committee member, help with grant writing, marketing, fundraising, community outreach, website and more.
Issaquah Food and Clothing Bank
- Sort foods and donations, package bulk foods, clean, assist clients, hang clothing, and deliver grocery orders for families/clients.
- Prepare and serve meals at Issaquah Community Hall.
- Serve as an ambassador for the movement to end domestic violence.
- Serve as a Meals on Wheels driver, etc.
- Help adults with disabilities participate in post-high school learning and thrive in inclusive communities.
- Serve as a van driver, provide meals to shelters, etc.
YWCA Seattle / King / Snohomish
- Assist with ongoing tasks, one-time events and group projects.
- Help fill orders, as well as sort and organize donations.
- Serve on the Alliance Board, or help with individual events. Open to youth.
- Mentor, serve on committees, coordinate events, assist with Cultural Bridges Magazine, etc.
- Support the local chapter of Kiwanis, a children's charity and fundraiser.
- Support the local chapter of Rotary International, which engages business and community members to support youth and those in need.
- Help create a safe space for teens to hang out.
- Help with special events, serve on committees and more!
Friends of the Issaquah Salmon Hatchery
- Lead educational tours, assist with salmon spawning, represent FISH at local schools, etc.
Friends of Lake Sammamish State Park
- Assist with park restoration, special events and park beautification.
- Lead a community group, serve on a board, contribute to Connections and more.
- Assist the club in all aspects of running the trails club.
- Serve as a trolley platform agent, assist with special events, work on collections, provide tours and more!
- Support Issaquah’s largest community festival that celebrates the return of salmon to our waterways.
- Serve your community in a variety of topic areas, from arts to development.
Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Prepare you to help yourself, your family and your neighbors in the event of a catastrophic disaster.
- Assist with the Issaquah Farmers Market via several positions.
- Help improve and care for our parks, trails and open space.
- Support the Issaquah Senior Center and our community’s seniors.
- Help the City plan and deliver community events.
- Assist with soccer, basketball and other sports programs.
We Need Volunteers
Are you bilingual? Do you feel you can use your languages to help others? Do you have time to help?
We are looking for community members with bilingual skills, who can help a variety of non-profit organizations in our area. This help might include translations, interpretation services and assisting new residents learn and understand how these organizations work. If interested, fill out a general interest form today.