Economic Development Action Plan
Action Plan Update
Issaquah’s economic vitality is integral to a thriving community. In 2023, the City is updating its Economic Development Action Plan to ensure the programs and services are aligned to help start and grow businesses. The Action Plan will focus on the short-term (1-3 years) strategies and actions that will position the City to build upon Issaquah's economic advantages, address opportunities for improvements, and leverage efforts to create a business climate that attracts investment and supports our residents.
We want to hear from you as we create the Action Plan. There are multiple ways to provide input throughout the process.
Attend an Economic Vitality Commission (EVC) meeting. The EVC serves as the Advisory Committee for the development of the Economic Development Action Plan. Commissioners are involved in the scope development, consultant selection, outreach, as well as the development of the Action Plan goals and actions. View more details about EVC meetings.
Schedule an Appointment
Schedule an appointment with an Economic Development team member. Contact us to meet virtually or in person to discuss the Action Plan or other business assistance matters.
Other Engagement to Date
Online surveys in English, Spanish, and Mandarin for businesses and residents were collected from July through September, 2023.
One-on-One Business Outreach
Economic Development staff held 12-hours of “Office Hours” in various community locations in July to ask questions and learn more about the Action Plan or business assistance resources. In addition, staff visited businesses throughout the City to engage in conversations and learn more about their needs.
- March 31, 2023
- Request for Qualifications from consultants
- April 2023
- Consultant interviews and selection of Community Attributes Inc.
- May 2023
- Economic Development Action Plan
- June 2023
- Stakeholder outreach begins
- Economic Vitality Commission + Arts Commission Joint meeting, with focus on Creative Economies
- July 2023
- Economic Vitality Commission + Equity Board Joint meeting, with focus on equity and inclusion
- Business and resident surveys
- Stakeholder focus groups
- Complete economic landscape assessment
- August – September 2023
- Complete and summarize stakeholder outreach to develop first draft of plan discussed at Economic Vitality Commission meetings
- October – November 2023
- Final draft of plan reviewed at Economic Vitality Commission meetings
- End 2023/Early 2024
- Plan completed and presented to City Council
- Economic Development Action Plan implementation