Issaquah Business Grants
Many Issaquah businesses have experienced negative economic impacts of COVID-19. These businesses are employers in our community and provide critical and unique products and services. To address these needs, the City allocated over $550,000 of federal CARES Act funding for two business grants:
- Small Business Response Grant (July 2020)
- Business Reinvention Grant (Aug. 2020)
In Sept. 2020, the City allocated additional federal CARES Act funding:
- $200,000 to fund additional Small Business Response and Business Reinvention Grants from previously submitted applications
- $30,000 to fund a new Restaurant Winterization Grant program
In Nov. 2020, the City allocated $500,000 in general funds to fund additional Small Business Response Grants from previously submitted applications.
Overall in 2020, the City of Issaquah allocated $1,280,000 for direct business grants to support Issaquah businesses address the ongoing impacts of COVID-19.
All grant programs are now closed. Subscribe to our Economic Development E-News to learn about future funding opportunities.
The Business Grant programs in general followed these guidelines and eligibility:
- Eligible expenses must be incurred after Mar. 1, 2020 through Oct. 30, Nov. 30, or Dec. 30 2020, depending on the funding source.
- Grant recipients are required to enter into a Grant Agreement with the City which will require the filing of a report on how the funds were spent and submission of receipts.
- Grant funds may be taxable income; please consult with your financial advisor for guidance. A 1099 will be issued to a grant recipient as required by the IRS no later than Jan. 2021.
Small Business Response Grant
The City allocated $500,000 to help businesses recover from the economic impacts of COVID-19. This program accepted applications from July 1 – July 15, 2020. Applications were received from 220 businesses requesting over $2 million. The City allocated an additional $155,000 in Sept. 2020 and $500,000 in Nov. 2020 to fund previously submitted applications. View the 123 business grant recipients.
Business Recovery & Reinvention Grant
The City allocated $50,000 to fund innovative solutions to address business needs due to business changes necessary as a result of COVID-19. The program accepted applications from Aug. 3-19, 2020. Applications were received from 50 businesses requesting over $400,000. In Sept. 2020, an additional $45,000 was allocated to fund previously submitted applications. View the 11 business grant recipients.
Restaurant Winterization Grant
The City allocated $30,000 to fund restaurants and food service businesses for exterior or interior alterations and equipment to enhance inclement weather dining options during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The program accepted applications from Sept. 22 – Oct. 7, 2020. Applications were received from 29 businesses requesting over $130,000. Priority was given to businesses that did not receive funding from previously awarded City of Issaquah grant programs or the Downtown Streatery winterization investment. View the 8 business grant recipients.