Issaquah's Public Works Engineering Department (PWE) provides the highest level of transportation, utility management and environmental/resource conservation services to our community.
PWE oversees the planning, designing and construction of the following city infrastructure systems:
- Sanitary sewer collection
- Stormwater collection
- Transportation, including roads
- Water supply and distribution
- Compliance with state and federal stormwater and floodplain regulations, including the NPDES Phase II Municipal Stormwater Permit and the FEMA Community Rating System
- Local regulatory programs aimed at protecting surface and ground water
- Water quality and habitat improvement projects on local streams in coordination with regional stakeholders.