Start / Stop Service

Starting Utility Service

If you are a new property owner moving into the City of Issaquah and would like to begin water, sewer and/or stormwater service with the city, please call 425-837-3070 to set up service.


If you are a new tenant, only the property owner may request to have the utility bill placed in your name. He or she must complete a form called the Statement of Responsibility. Once the owner has completed his or her portion of the form, you, as the tenant, will complete the form and sign the declaration to take over billing.

For more information on all associated liabilities and responsibilities related to transferring the utility bill into the tenant's name, please call the Utility Billing Office at 425-837-3070.

Stopping Utility Service

If you are selling your house or ending a tenancy and would like to request a final bill, please contact the Utility Billing Office at 425-837-3070. Please allow at least three business days for this request, as a meter reading will have to be scheduled. Meters are read only during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, except for holidays).