To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, never burn charcoal or use gasoline-powered equipment indoors. It's also advised to have a carbon monoxide detector in your home.
Reporting an Outage
Puget Sound Energy customers can call 1-888-225-5773 to report power outages and receive service updates, or report outages online.
Please do not call 911 for non-emergency questions, such as power outage duration or reasons for the outage.
In case a winter storm does hit, residents are urged to:
- Have personal supplies, including coats, hats, gloves and blankets ready to help you stay warm.
- Stay away from downed power lines and sagging trees with broken limbs.
- Keep vehicles full of gas.
- Check on your neighbors, especially the elderly or people with disabilities.
In addition, make sure to have an emergency preparedness kit in your home that includes:
- A battery-powered radio, along with extra batteries, that can tune in to the City's radio station, 1700 AM
- Battery-operated flashlights
- A corded phone (cordless phones will not work when the power is out)
- Food and water that will last your family for several days
During emergencies, the City of Issaquah will keep its citizens informed through:
Preventing Carbon Monoxide Poisoning (PDF) | How to Stay Safe