Salary & Benefits
Police Officer Salary (2022 Wages)
|Step 1||Step 2||Step 3||Step 4||Step 5||Step 6||Step 7||Step 8||Step 9|
|Months of Service||6 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months|
- *Starting salary is negotiable for most lateral officers.
For additional information see the Issaquah Police Officers’ Association Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Education Incentive Pay
- Longevity Incentive Pay
- Physical Fitness Incentive Pay
- Specialty Incentive Pay
January 1, 2021, Education Incentive Pay will be paid as a percentage of base pay:
- AA/AS 1%
- BA/BS 2%
January 1, 2022, Education Incentive Pay will be paid as a percentage of base pay:
- AA/AS 2%
- BA/BS 4%
- 5th year: 3%
- 10th year: 4.5%
- 15th year: 5.5%
- 20th year: 6.5%
- 25th year: 8%
Employee shall be eligible to receive a Physical Fitness Incentive Pay equal to one percent (1%) of their monthly salary (after successful completion of a physical fitness test).
- Detective: 4% of monthly rate of pay
- Corporal Pay: 6.5% of monthly rate of pay
- Range Master: 2% of monthly rate of pay
- Crime Prevention Officer: 2% of monthly rate of pay
- Traffic Officer: 3% of monthly rate of pay
- Special Operations Team: 1% of monthly rate of pay
- Field Training Officer: 4% of base hourly rate of pay for hours when training
- School Resource Officer: 2% of monthly rate of pay
Example of Salary and Wages with Add-Ons:
Competitive health benefits package. City matching of deferred compensation plan. Officers pay into Social Security as well as the Washington State LEOFF 2 retirement plan. Learn more about the package.
Uniforms & Equipment
IPD provides all uniforms and equipment to officers.
Washington state's Law Enforcement Officers and Firefighters State Retirement Plan II (LEOFF 2) is the current retirement system.
Employees are eligible for vested retirement after five years of service and attainment of age 53, the amount equaling 2 percent of the final average salary for each year of service.
The City of Issaquah provides life insurance for the officer.