Note: As part of the 2021 code adoption effective July 1st, 2023, the City of Issaquah will be adopting the 2021 International Wildland-Urban Interface Code with Washington State Amendments. Permits that are accepted for intake after July 1st, 2023 shall show compliance to this code in its entirety.
Permits and Projects
Completing permit center related activities can be accomplished in a few different ways:
Option 1: Submittal and resubmittal of permit materials using the City’s Permitting Portal
- Applications submitted through MyBuildingPermit.com will continue to be processed by staff. Visit the Application Packets page for more details.
Option 2: Submittal and resubmittal of paper permits by email
- For permits that cannot be submitted through MyBuildingPermit.com such as over the counter permits or permits on paper, email the completed application forms and required submittal documents for plan review. Once the application is received, staff will coordinate with the applicant regarding payment. Visit the Application Packets page for more details.
Option 3: Staff Assistance
- Staff are available to assist you:
- Schedule an appointment
- Email: CPD@issaquahwa.gov
- Telephone: 425-837-3100
The Permit Center provides general information for construction in the City limits. Construction permits assure that structures are built to nationally-recognized standards, as well as designed to ensure that buildings are structurally sound and hazard free. Land use permits assure that structures meet zoning requirements and comply with environmental regulations.
We offer a large amount of information about current and past permits and applications online. Simply visit MyBuildingPermit.com and select "Check Status" to search. You will find information covering:
- Permit Descriptions
- Plan Reviews
See below for access to application packets, forms, fees etc.
- See the Inspections Page for requirements and forms
- View How to Schedule an Inspection
- Check Today's Inspection List to view estimated arrival time
- See correction notices and full inspection history through Status Search