In a span of three weeks, learn valuable leadership and confident-building skills, make new friends and make lasting camp memories as a Counselor-In-Training (CIT). This program is designed for teens entering grades 8 to 11 who are enthusiastic, responsible, hardworking and love everything camp!
CIT Program Goals include:
- Assist in offering a quality camper experience by supporting camp staff
- Learn leadership skills and what it takes to be an effective camp counselor
- Familiarize with camp structure, culture and purpose
- Learn traditional camp games, activities and songs
- Understand personal leadership styles and strengths
- Develop positive communication and teamwork skills
- Develop original activities based on camp themes using creativity and teamwork
- Learn planning and facilitation skills and implementing them in camp activities
- Experience a successful facilitator experience
- Reflect on personal progress/growth by assessing oneself in a guided evaluation and adjust where needed
- Create a fun, safe and active space for kids
- Help campers develop a sense of belonging, usefulness, influence, and competence
- Make new friends & have fun!
Questions about the CIT program? Please email us!