Personalize your online experienceSign Into My Dashboard

Go To Search
Click to Home
Your GovernmentOur ResidentsFor VisitorsDoing BusinessHow Do I
Talus Updates
Stay Informed 
To receive regular current updates, please subscribe to our Talus notifications.


June 19, 2017

Starting in late November 2015, movement was detected in the Parcel 9 hillside (see map of the approximate location).

With safety as the top priority, immediate mitigation measures were taken to address the movement, including removing dirt from the site and installing dewatering wells. 
All construction activities have stopped, except for work to monitor the site regularly, ensure safety, manage stormwater and collect data to determine next steps.

What’s Next

During the summer of 2017, the City plans to make repairs to Northwest Talus Drive and Shangri-La Way Northwest. In advance of the City’s road project, crews will also be conducting utility line work in the area in late June/early July. 

During this work, at least one-way alternating traffic will remain open.

Meanwhile, the property owner of Parcel 9 has indicated they will submit stabilization plans for the parcel soon. The property owner is hopeful that their stabilization efforts, following City review, will lead to their ability to move forward with a development review process. 

Frequently Asked Questions
Our FAQs include some of the most common questions that we have received from Talus residents. 

If you have further questions, please 
email us.

Where can I find some of the most-requested documents related to Parcels 7, 8 and 9?
View the City's Active Projects webpage

Could stormwater undermine the road in this current "temporary" condition? 
Stormwater facilities — both permanent and temporary — have been constructed, and inspectors are examining these facilities to ensure they are performing as planned and permitted.

Was the City monitoring the site work before this happened? 
Like all private development projects, regular inspection occurred on Parcel 9.

How do I share information and concerns with the City?
  • If you see something that you believe needs urgent attention, call 911. Dispatchers will work with you to determine the appropriate response (For example: public works, Eastside Fire & Rescue or the contractor).
  • If you see something that you believe needs to be repaired or evaluated — but it does not appear to need immediate attention — please Report a Concern. Each request is routed to the appropriate department and staff member for a response.
  • If you have a question, please email us.

How do I stay informed?
Connect with us on this page, sign up for email updates and follow us on Twitter.