From Jan. 4 to Mar. 15, Sound Transit will be building new tracks that connect downtown Seattle to the Eastside. When open in 2023, East Link trains will serve 19 stations from Northgate to Redmond, including 10 new stations in Judkins Park, Mercer Island, Bellevue and Redmond.
Sound Transit is keeping trains running during heavy construction, but are reducing service for 10 weeks. Here are the basics:
Trains will run every 12 minutes, seven days per week.
- All trains will have four cars.
- Riders traveling through Pioneer Square Station will change trains on a new center platform.
- We are temporarily prohibiting bicycles at Pioneer Square Station.
- Buses will replace Link between Capitol Hill – SODO on Jan. 4-5, Feb. 8-9 and Mar. 14-15.
Here's how you can prepare:
- Sign up for Rider Alerts and visit the Connect 2020 website for more info.
- Look for helpful staff ambassadors or security personnel to answer your questions.
- Lookout for new signage.
- Allow extra time for your trip, especially the first week from January 4-10 as riders adapt to the changes.