Mary Lou Pauly, Mayor
Mayor Mary Lou Pauly moved to Issaquah in 1993 with her family and resided on Squak Mountain (in The Woods neighborhood) until 2017. Trained as a civil engineer, she spent her early career in Public Works Engineering and later on as an environmental consultant.
Mayor Pauly served on the City’s Development Commission from 1994 until her election to Council in 2013. She enjoys most all outdoor activities, but in particular soccer, skiing and biking. Mayor Pauly and her husband Karl are currently residents in the Olde Town neighborhood.
Connect with Mayor Pauly
- Subscribe to Mayor’s newsletter
- Read past issues of Mayor’s newsletter
- Request a meeting/event attendance
Learn more about what’s happening in our community via the Mayor’s reports, which are delivered twice a month at City Council meetings.
To view past reports from the Mayor, visit our YouTube channel.
- Sound Cities Association (SCA) Board of Directors: 2020
- Puget Sound Regional Council (PSRC) – Member Representative for City: 2018–present
- PSRC Executive Board: 2020
- PSRC Transportation Policy Board (Sound City’s Association Representative): 2018–present
- PSRC Growth Management Policy Board: 2014-2016
- King Conservation District Advisory Board: 2014
- King County Cities for Climate Collaboration: 2016–present
- Mountains to Sound Greenway Advisory Board: 2018–present
- Eastside Fire & Rescue Board: 2014–2019
- Cascade Water Alliance Board: 2015–present
- Southeast Alliance Transportation Coalition: 2018-present
- Friends of Issaquah Salmon Hatchery: 2014-present
- Issaquah Alps Trail Club Advisory Board: 2019-present
Serving on a City board or commission is a fun, interesting and impactful way to make a difference in our community. Read on...
Your utility bills are changing in 2020 to support ongoing City services. Read on...
The Issaquah City Council recently expanded programs for low-income discounts on utility bills. Read on...