Limited Notary Services
Acknowledgements, oaths/affirmations or signature witnessing notarizations are provided on a limited basis at no charge. The following limitations apply:
- Document to be notarized must be in English and provided in its entirety
- Notary block must be provided on the document(s)
- A maximum of two notary blocks per person
- Washington state photo ID or U.S. passport required
This free notary service is not available for:
- Real estate transactions
- Wills / estate documents
- Certifying or attesting copies
- Certifying an event has occurred
- Electronic records
- Extensive or complex documents
Customers requiring witness signatures before a notary public must provide their own witnesses at the time of notarization. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must be personally known to the individual whose document is being notarized, and Washington state photo ID or U.S. passport must be provided.
The City cannot prepare notary documents on your behalf, nor offer legal advice (Chapter 42.44 RCW).
Right to Decline Service
Notary service is dependent on availability. The notary agent has the right to decline service (RCW 42.45.060).